Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Easter!! (Belatedly)

We were really fortunate that our friends Jen and Jeff decided to spend Easter with us all the way from Ottawa! They had a bit of an adventure getting to our house (called an 11 hour drive) but it was so much fun to have them there!

I was my usual uncharming, left-sidelying-on-the-couch self while Scott, Jen and Jeff entertained Caleb, entertained me and made WAAAAYYY too much food to eat.

Here are a few highlights of the trip:
  1. Jen took me to Target and pushed me around in a wheelchair, all while maintaining her grip on her Starbucks. It was shocking how people cleared the aisle for me...
  2. Scott and Jeff went golfing and enjoyed the beautiful weather

  3. Scott and Jeff also went grocery shopping with Caleb together and got a few "looks" from the people at Karns. To quote Scott "It's a good thing that at least we both have red hair so we could have said we were brothers!"

  4. Playing Cranium on Saturday night and trying to guess "ghost town" -- we kept thinking it was Pacman....

  5. Jen and I gave ourselves pedis and I discovered that I need a long handled brush and a magnifying glass in order to paint my toes!

And some pics of Caleb hanging out with his new friends....







Caleb and Jen








Eggs!
















Caleb and Jeff







On a side note, since I have been taking Caleb to daycare everyday, he wakes up every morning and asks for people in this order:

  1. Daddy

  2. Gunka (my dad)

  3. Gramma (Scott's mom)

  4. Joon (Jen and Jeff)

Just wanted to let you know that you were missed!

No comments: