Thursday, May 7, 2009

Good Report

I had a good report at the doctor on Tuesday - the baby was moving well, I hadn't had any pre-term labour and my blood pressure was where it needed to be. I was a little surprised to find out that I had begun dilating - 2cm already! I am taking this with a grain of salt because I hung out at 1-2 cm for THREE weeks with Caleb before my doc finally decided to induce me.

I am also really thrilled to say that I went to the BEST consignment sale last Friday. I was able to get Caleb's entire summer wardrobe for $56 - including a rain jacket! The best part was because I went early, I was one of the first ones in the Boys 2T section and scoped out all the cute GAP stuff. ;) My little guy will be well dressed this summer!

As for bebe #2, s/he will be decked out in plenty of yellow, white, green and orange and various duck patterns for the majority of the summer. The nursery didn't get completed (despite my earlier post about laying down the law) because Scott had a stomach virus Thurs-Sat. My doctor's appointment has lit the proverbial fire under his butt, and he promises to have things DONE by the end of this weekend.

We also had our hospital tour yesterday, 10 waddling moms to be and the bedrest queen in her wheelchair. I didn't realize that Harrisburg Hospital was SUCH a big facility. There are 36 mother and baby rooms, not to mention 12 labour and delivery rooms and 3 O.R. suites dedicated to C-sections. It was reassuring to know that there is a neonatologist available at all times, but I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see the NICU. My MD keeps telling me that if bebe comes before 36 weeks that there is a good chance that s/he will be in the NICU and I wanted to have that visual of where the baby may be going. Scott told me that it was probably a good thing that they didn't include it on the tour because it might freak some parents out. I can see his point, but....

No comments: