Saturday, May 30, 2009

No baby yet

If you had asked me 12 weeks ago when I went into pre-term labour if I EVER thought it was possible that I would successfully make it to 38 weeks, I would have looked at you as if you fallen off your rocker. BUT, here we are, successfully at 38 weeks, and with the build up over the past few months, all I want to do is get this baby OUT of my belly. I think I have tried everything short of Castor oil, but I continue to remain minimally dilated with very few contractions.

In other news, Caleb is talking up a storm. Over the past two weeks, he has gone from the very rare three word sentence, to mostly using 4 word sentences. The favourite of all of these words seems to be "my". "My daddy at work?" "Mommy change my diaper?" He is also repeating everything, which means we have to be extra careful. My favourite line yesterday: He was walking into the living room with a piece of chocolate, stumbled and dropped the chocolate and belted out"Oh my gosh!"

We have been trying over the past two weeks to do some things as a family of three - again, I don't know how much Caleb will remember, but it makes Scott and I feel better ;) We have been out for ice cream, down to the local "lake" to feed the ducks, and yesterday we went to Lititz to the Wilbur Chocolate factory. If you are ever in the area, Lititz is close to Lancaster, near Amish country and has the most charming little downtown area. I would highly recommend going and checking out the shops and little alley ways to more shops and restaurants. It was a little difficult exploring with a two year old, but overall, he was really well behaved.

Caleb has been a lot better about trying new foods lately. The best thing is that if he doesn't like something, he'll put it back on his plate rather than spitting it out on the ground! This is a major accomplishment at our house!

No comments: