Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Calebisms

There are many joys to having a three year old - there are the constant mood swings, the temper tantrums that are punctuated with moments of sanity and reason, and the verbal diarrhea. Mostly the verbal diarrhea.

Sitting at dinner tonight Caleb was talking non-stop nonsense. I looked at him and said "You're crazy."
"No I'm not!"
"Are too."
"No, I'm three!"

*Sigh*

He also gets on these tangents whenever he sees Chloe doing something. "When I was little I (insert whatever Chloe is currently doing)." He then becomes very defensive if I tell him "No, Honey, you didn't do that."

*Double sigh*.

I think I also traumatized Caleb for life trying to explain true tooth fairy to him. "When you get bigger your teeth are going to fall out." His eyes immediately filled with tears and said "I don't want my teeth to fall out!" I then had to spend the next half hour showing him pictures of me when I was little without teeth and telling him about the joys of getting money under your pillow. Way to emotionally scar your child on a Tuesday night.

And finally, the other day I was discussing Scott's job and I referred to him as my husband. Our daycare teacher looked at me funny and said "You're married?!?!"
"Yes, for five years."
"Oh!! Caleb told me you weren't. He was telling two of the little of the girls in his class that he was going to marry them. When he other teacher and I told him he was a little young he told us 'My mom and dad aren't married so I can get married whenever I want.'"

Fabulous. See what I mean about the verbal diarrhea?

No comments: