Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm working on it.

Some how, over the past six weeks, between children being ill, parents being ill and my new job (more on that later), the blog has fallen by the wayside. Sleep has also fallen by the wayside, but I guess you are to expect that to an extent as a parent, right?

When we got back from Christmas in Canada, Chloe "forgot" how to sleep through the night. I have tried everything: giving her cereal at night, feeding her late at night, trying to let her cry it out. The problem is that she has been growing, teething, and had two ear infections and she consistently wakes up between 2-4 AM. This is tough because I have to get up at 5AM for work, so there have been many a day that I am up at 3:30 for the day. Blah.

So, about my new job. I loved the clinic that I was working at, but after bedrest and mat leave that ended up being for 7 months instead of 3.5, I needed the full time hours to catch up, money-wise. I am working at a hospital 7:30-4:00, M-F, no weekends, no crazy holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas. So, while I don't relish the idea of cleaning up as much poop and sputum as I have over the past 5 weeks, it is a necessary evil ... at least until we win the lottery ;)

So, more to come soon. The kids are doing great - Chloe is military crawling, pulling up and chewing on everything in sight. Caleb has had a couple of problems at daycare and is definitely showing his older "jealous" side... but I promise to elaborate on this soon.

No comments: